I am talking about the Hindi movies before a decade or two(or even before it). There used to be some typical symptoms to recognize that "yes! Its a Hindi flick!" Some of them i quote here..
- The heroine's typical shout when someone tries to catch her- Bachao!! (a small kid would nearly die listening to such a dreadful shout!). Bhagwan ke liye chod do...Maine kya bigada hai tumhara...
- Police had fantastic role. They always came late and take out their hat in the honour of someone who's dead. One typical dialogue- Kanun ke haat bahut lambe hai...or kanun ko apne haath me mat lo!! Now who's going to hold whom?
- There is one thing that i used to notice a lot. When a director wants to show the scene of night why the hell he has to shoot it in the day time with Grey shades?? Cant he film it at night?
- The background music would be a punishment. Excessive use of violin during a sad situation would make the situation more grave. Some typical background tracks were floating in the market and were repeatedly used.
- Another fact that you would notice is about the climax. The climax in nearly all the movies would be at a neutral place and it would be a action sequence most of the time(which the hero would win obviously!) I don't know what was the logic behind..
The list can be endless. I am no critic but this are the observations from a common man's point of view. I even don't want to rate them poor. There are some timeless movies which no modern movie can compete with. Many of the above things are avoided today by the aid of technology. Finally you are left with the option of enjoying the stupidity!